28 Jun 2011 Posted by slazardi No Comments
24 Jun 2011 Posted by slazardi No Comments
21 Jun 2011 Posted by slazardi No Comments
In the email marketing world, there are tips that you must follow:
1. Do not purchase lists under any circumstances, it will lower your delivery rate for subscribers that are real.
2. Make the subscription form an easy process, the first thing you need to do, is put the subscription form on your website. Another good idea is to write a blog, and make sure to put the link that goes to your subscription form on your website.
3. If it takes time to do it right, then take your time. It is important that you take the time it requires, but make sure you add people who really wish to be on your list.
4. Target your clients; it would be ideal if you can create different pages, so your clients can visit them according to their needs rather than just sending them to a general website.
5. Make sure the unsubscribe link is visible, and it is working. If you do not provide your clients with a opt out form, and they want to unsubscribe, they will be furious.
6. Avoid addresses that are general addresses such as: sales@, info@, support@, webmaster@ or postmaster@.
7. Keep updating your lists and try to send in a frequent manner, that way your list will always be clean.
8. Make sure that you have a link in which, your clients can forward the newsletter to your clients.
17 Jun 2011 Posted by slazardi No Comments
14 Jun 2011 Posted by slazardi No Comments
- Avoid words like: cash, cost, and get rich.
- If your email looks like a mortgage pitch, then change it. Mortgage brokers have to make their newsletter not look like they are trying to sell something.
- Make sure you do not make your newsletter sound like it’s an emergency: words such as hurry, you will miss the offer, tends to be caught by spam filters.
- ALL CAPITAL LETTERS, too many symbols exclamation sign font is too big, and all red, or bold.
- If it sounds too good to be true, it will get caught by spam filters. It is a one tome chance, is a typical phrase that will get caught by spam.
- Always send text plus an image, never send an image by itself.
10 Jun 2011 Posted by slazardi No Comments
Email Service Providers are not completely responsible for a low delivery rate. We usually think that when a mailbox is full, or you receive complaints it is because the list or the newsletter is not clean. Sometimes certain user actions such as, the sender is sending misspelling certain words, or because the recipient felt that they did not subscribe to receive such mailing, that can make a huge difference.
There are other factor that weight as much as the reputation of ESP involving the client sending the newsletter, such as: How clean the list is, and how clean the content of the newsletter is.
How clean the list is:
It is very important to abstain from buying lists, make sure the people you are sending your newsletters are opt-in, it is also recommended that you have your clients update their profile, and preferences, on the type of email they wish to receive. That way you can segment your list even more, and send your clients exclusively what they want to receive.
How clean the information inside the newsletter is:
Always emphasize the fact that your client gave you permission, it is really important to let them know that they gave you permission for you to send them emails; sometimes they will make a complaint against you simply because they do not remember that they once allowed you to send them emails. Make sure that the content you send your clients, is content that they fully wish to receive. Make sure you always send your subscribers, information they have told you on the past, they wish to receive.