07 Jan 2014 Posted by slazardi No Comments
We recommend that you put a subscription form at the end of your blogs , articles, news section . This way, if your readers are interested in what they see on your website or blog they will want to subscribe to be on your mailing list, to receive more information from you.
Please consider to put it at the end because if you put the beginning they are going to ignore it and if you put it in the middle, it will make them upset because you are interrupting their reading.
10 Sep 2013 Posted by slazardi No Comments
Here we give you some tips to take them into account to maintain your opt-in email marketing (authorized), and that way your information is not considered spam.- Offer your clients additional value to their customers by giving them something in return for giving you permission to send.- Make sure that you actually received permission from your clients, and not just that they have purchased from you and given you their email, without them knowing that you are going to send them information.- From your marketing team, establish a person to monitor and ensure that your databases are authorized and verified.- In all your newsletters, always give your recipient an opportunity to respond. This way you can create a better communication with them.
Here we give you some tips to take them into account to maintain your opt-in email marketing (authorized), and that way your information is not considered spam.
- Offer your clients additional value to their customers by giving them something in return for giving you permission to send.
- Make sure that you actually received permission from your clients, and not just that they have purchased from you and given you their email, without them knowing that you are going to send them information.
- From your marketing team, establish a person to monitor and ensure that your databases are authorized and verified.
- In all your newsletters, always give your recipient an opportunity to respond. This way you can create a better communication with them.
28 May 2013 Posted by slazardi No Comments
Having subscribers opt-in to your list is making sure your email marketing campaigns are a success, and using your subscription form can get new contacts’ to opt-in.
- Make sure that you use the formatting features that EmailBrain’s subscription form offers. Also be sure to post it on your website where it is very visible.
- Not only put it on your website, you can also add it to your Facebook page, blog etc.. so fans can register easily.
- Encourage your customers to register to your list by giving something back. For example, that if they subscribe they will be entering to win sweepstakes prize, or by letting them know that they will receive benefits like discounts and/or promotions.
- Use an appropriate amount of fields in your subscription form. Making it with an extensive number of fields, will make your customers leave and not fill out the form.
19 Feb 2013 Posted by slazardi No Comments
One of the biggest factors of email marketing success is to have all of your emails opt-in. You may be wondering what opt-in means, here is the explanation:
Opt-in is the act of agreeing by email or any other means to receive emails, or to give a particular individual permission to send you emails. There are several types of verification and some are more complex than others. Some people use double opt-in, which is when you subscribe you get an email with a link that you must click on to ensure the existence of the recipient.
Companies that follow anti-spam rules and have opt-in forms see that their campaigns generate better open rates and receive less unsubscribes. Let’s do a quick comparison of opt-in vs. not opt-in.
When emails are Opt-in:
1. Great chance that your subscribers will open their emails.
2. Great willingness to share content.
3. Positive attitude towards your company.
When emails are not Opt-in:
1. Great possibility of your clients not opening your emails.
2. Recipients will not read your messages.
3. They might even decide to never do business with you.
23 Oct 2012 Posted by slazardi No Comments
As we have explained before, to have your own databases all opt-in (not purchased) is a treasure for your company.
In order to obtain information for your database, you have more and more places where you can gather information for opt-in data, such as:
- Putting a subscription form on your website
- Putting a subscription form on social networks (Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Pinterest, etc.)
- Specialized Events (obtaining cards)
- Floor sales
- Sales Force
Remember that you can create your Emailbrain subscription forms to put on these sites and likewise take advantage of our new social subscription form feature.
22 Mar 2011 Posted by slazardi No Comments
Before you begin reading this blog, it is very important in Email Marketing to use opt in method. What is opt-in? Opt-in is the act of agreeing by email or other means, such as subscription form, to receive marketing email messages or giving to a particular individual or company website that gives you permission to send their emails.
And knowing what opt-in is, I want to explain several scenarios that are not considered opt-in subscribers:
1. Clients left their business card- if someone gives you his business card that does not mean they want to start receiving your newsletters. So be careful, if you want this person to receive your newsletter, you can ask or say very sincerely if they are interested, you can register their information on your subscription form.
2. People that as company - Some people are just accompanying his friends / family to buy a product and are asked for their data but never established for what. If you do not tell them that they will be receiving emails, these are NOT opt-in because they were not giving permission to receive the newsletters.
3. Buyers in physical stores – Many people who visit stores, can show interest in the products and could have made a purchase thoroughly, but this does NOT mean they want to receive the newsletters.
4. Word of mouth – If someone you know tells you that a friend wants to receive your newsletters, this does NOT mean that they are opt-in. The person who wants to receive should subscribe to their website or send an email requesting to be part of your list.
5. Events – When your business is at a trade show or an event, those interested can stop by your booth and fill out a form. This does NOT mean they want to receive your newsletters.
I can advise you to have a computer with the subscription form ready, and ask people who visit your stand if they’re interested in more information, please subscribe.
If at this time you have many subscribers, as I mentioned I would advise using the method of double opt-in, where you add them through the subscription form on your website, and the system will send an email to them where they need to press a link to ratify that they want to be a part of your mailing list.
This way, people who are genuinely interested in receiving your newsletters will receive them.
To set the emails of double opt-in subscription form go to your account.
You might wonder why it is so important that they are opt-in. It is important because we do not want people to take your emails as spam and delete them without even seeing them. If not registered to your list, and they receive your emails, they can bring a complaint that the information you send is spam, and when a complaint is received the user’s account is blocked.
When this happens we will ask for opt-in proof. If you can show that the person who made the complaint registered to receive your newsletter, we will simply block the person from your list and unlock your account.
If you cannot prove that this person had opted-in, your account will remain blocked and you must send opt-in testing to its entire list. If you give us proof that the rest of your list is opt-in then we can unlock the account, but this person will stay blocked on your list, and in case your list is not opt-in then we can cancel your account.
Receiving complaints is very serious because the servers you use and other users use to submit their email marketing campaigns are blocked, and we must demonstrate that the lists if they are opt-in, and if we do not, the use of that server is prohibited.
Emailbrain governed by the rules of The Coalition Against Unsolicited E-mail and FTC’s CAN-SPAM Law.
11 Mar 2011 Posted by slazardi No Comments
In Email marketing, here is no better way than promoting your opt-in form than in your web site. Keep in mind the following key points when creating and placing your subscription form.
1. The subscription form should be placed in the front end of your web site. Choose a place that is visible and that catches the attention of your visitors.
2. Don’t cramp the form by requesting too much information. Only ask for information that you are going to use to segment your customers. If you request sensitive personal information, customers will be hesitant to sign up.
3. Make sure you indicate which fields are required and which ones are optional. Use standard form field names so that the auto-complete functions on browsers and browser toolbars, such as the one from Google, match up and fields can be quickly completed.
5. Provide an example of your newsletter through a clickable thumbnail graphic that opens in a new window.
6. Let the reader know how often you will be mailing them.
Promoting your subscription form in your web site is the most effective way to gain new readers; however, do not focus in only promoting your opt-in form there. Use different channels such as print ads, call centers, in-store signs and banners.